- To introduce people to their creator God, leading them into a personal relationship with their heavenly father, through His one and only begotten son Jesus Christ.
- Provide care, rehabilitation, support, education and protection of the orphans and vulnerable children (OVC's) in order to ensure their physical, psychological, spiritual and emotional well being.
- Nurture sustainable programs to engage families to become self-sufficient and well adjusted members of the community by empowering them and giving them the ability to radically affect their region and peoples in a positive manner in efforts to encourage their generation in becoming active participants in the fight to eliminate world poverty
STATEMENT OF FAITH
- We believe in one true God. A supernatural being. Creator of Heaven and Earth and all the creatures of the earth.
- We believe in the Trinity. God being the ultimate being, three persons in one. God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the Resurrection. Jesus Christ the son of God became man, tempted in every way, by the flesh, remained a sinless life, took on the sins of the world as he hung from a cross as a sacrifice for all humankind, died and on the third day rose again to remain in Heaven and be seated at the right hand of the father, interceding for us to give us to be reconciled back to our creator.
- We believe in the Word of God, being the absolute truth, alive and active today and forever, from beginning to end.
- We believe in Eternal life, for whoever believes in Jesus will be forgiven for their sins and remain in Heaven with Him forever.
- The Society is specifically a Christian Organisation and all its decisions, actions and efforts are measured and guided and determined to follow the Christian Ethos. The Society then as a rule, cannot and will not support efforts that are in clear contradiction to these beliefs.
- The Society Aims educate and give people the tools to release themselves from poverty in specific regions determined to have a need. These regions are not restricted by country or continental boundaries.
- The objectives of the Society have been heavily influenced by and with the goals in mind of the United Nations Development Program in efforts to assist in global eradication of extreme poverty and hunger, reduce child mortality and, develop a global partnership for development. The society believes that by working in with these goals it will assist in achieving a more beneficial and positive long term result.
- Specifically the Society sees its role in assisting under privileged persons in said regions. It aims to give said regions the tools to grow spiritually, physically, and emotionally; giving them the ability to radically affect their region and peoples in a positive manner in an effort to encourage their generation to become active participants in the fight to eliminate world poverty.
- At the time of incorporation, there are four main ways the Society will meet these objectives:
- Resource Allocation
- Partnering with existing Non Profit Organisations, and businesses locally, regionally, and internationally. For Instance: medical aid, health centres, educational needs, counselling services and catering services for the growth and development of the project.
- Raising of awareness of regional hardships.
Founder Paula Ovenden first became interested in 1989 when she viewed a World Vision advertisement of African Children in need. "One day I am going there to do something!" she exclaimed. In 2009 Paula visited Botswana and met Margaret Setlhare and shared with her the vision of Adore Little Children. In 2010 through Ms Ovenden and Ms Setlhare registered the organisation with the Officers of Registrars in Gaborone, commencing it's services in a village called Bokkaa with two families. In 2012 they began services in Ngarange, Okavango Delta with one child in Home Based Care and supporting fifteen preschool children with breakfast and education. In 2019 the number of children being helped has grown to over 600.